- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Laminex NZ
- Job Reference:TLG/28392
- Closing Date:07 Oct 2022
Laminex New Zealand forms part of the Building Products division of Fletcher Building and we are a trusted business partner with market-leading brands for great design spaces, offering expert knowledge and exceptional value to our customers. We have a fantastic people culture at Laminex and our priority is to make all our people feel welcomed when they join and feel valued as they continue their journey with us.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This is an exciting time to join our team based in Penrose as a Logistics Manager where you will develop and implement a Best-in-Class Supply Chain Strategy & Global Logistics Footprint. As well as maximising operational efficiencies, other key duties will include:
- Optimisation of transport models, resources, storage, inventory and all other logistics activities which directly impacts fulfilment, shipping, and the customer experience
- Implementing required cross-functional knowledge to meet Laminex expectations while removing unnecessary costs, excess of inventory and supply chain disruptions
- Communication of supply chain and logistics risks impacting DIFOT and Customer requirements
- Organize, store and evaluate the global distribution of goods and logistics footprint to ensure items and resources are received and shipped to their appropriate destinations in the best/optimal cost
- Cost-Analysis, Planning, coordinating, and monitoring logistics operations at the same time of managing strategic relationships with local and international transport Partners
- Establishing required SLAs and KPIs with Couriers, Freight Providers and Logistics Partners (local and international)
- Frequent assessment and implementation of new technology/process automation as well as customer improvements within the operations & transport environment,
Working closely with the Supply Chain Manager, you will be an inquisitive person who Questions “the way things have always been done around here” to ensure that processes are well documented, and results continue to add value. As well as experience working for a complex business in Logistics and Distribution, you will possess:
- A tertiary qualification in Logistics or Global Transportation or Freight Management
- Extensive experience in and understanding of best practice Transport Management System and Logistics Network Modelling with the ability to embrace new systems and technology
- Proven experience in successful opportunities in cost reductions, negotiation, implementation and management of global transport contracts and service level agreements
- Self-driven and motivated with an ability to identify and frequently improve cost and process efficiencies
- Ability to build and maintain solid relationships with key internal stakeholders and suppliers
As part of the Fletcher Building group of companies, you will be able to leverage experience and relationships from across our organisation and achieve success for yourself and our company. You will be joining a business in great shape that is ready to capitalise on your drive and energy and can offer great benefits that come from working with one of New Zealand’s largest listed companies.
If this sounds like your next opportunity, please apply now or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.