- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Laminex NZ
- Job Reference:TLG/28392
- Closing Date:25 Feb 2023
Laminex New Zealand forms part of the Building Products division of Fletcher Building and we are a trusted business partner with market-leading brands for great design spaces, offering expert knowledge and exceptional value to our customers. We have a fantastic people culture at Laminex and our priority is to make all our people feel welcomed when they join and feel valued as they continue their journey with us.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
New team, new culture. This is an exciting opportunity for a high performer looking to step up in your career and join our team based in Penrose as a Transport Manager where you will be responsible for the day-to-day execution of transport operations in collaboration with our freight partners with the objective to make a positive impact managing our New Zealand network from/to our distribution centres nationwide.
Other key duties will include:
- Evaluation and optimisation of established transport models and all other logistics activities which directly impacts fulfilment, shipping, and the customer experience
- Meet Laminex expectations while removing unnecessary costs and Transport disruptions
- Daily communication of supply chain and logistics risks impacting DIFOT and Customer requirements, and identify root cause of key gaps and implement improvement measures.
- Evaluate the global distribution of goods and logistics footprint to ensure items are received and shipped to their appropriate destinations in the best/optimal cost
- Cost-Analysis, planning, coordinating, and monitoring transport operations at the same time of managing strategic relationships with local and international transport partners
- Establishing required SLAs and KPIs with Couriers, Freight Providers and Logistics Partners (local and international)
- Frequent assessment and implementation of new technology & process automation within the operations & transport environment
Working closely with the Supply Chain Manager, you will be an inquisitive person who Questions “the way things have always been done around here” to ensure that processes are well documented, and results continue to add value. As well as experience working for a complex business in Transport and Distribution nationwide, you will possess:
- A tertiary qualification in Logistics or Global Transportation or Freight Management
- Experience in and understanding of best practice Transport Management System and Logistics with the ability to embrace new systems and technology
- Proven experience in successful opportunities in cost reductions and management of global transport and service level agreements
- Ensuring the delivery of all inbound containers and the pick-up of all outbound containers in a timely and cost effective manner. You will have a good knowledge of international shipping requirements to avoid container detention and demurrage, along with the ability to effectively manage the truck fleet to maximize utilization, minimize downtime, and eliminate non-productive road moves.
- Self-driven and motivated with an ability to identify and frequently improve cost and process efficiencies
- Ability to build and maintain solid relationships with key internal stakeholders, logistics partners, distribution centres & branches
As part of the Fletcher Building group of companies, you will be able to leverage experience and relationships from across our organisation and achieve success for yourself and our company. You will be joining a business in great shape that is ready to capitalise on your drive and energy and can offer great benefits that come from working with one of New Zealand’s largest listed companies.
If this sounds like your next opportunity, please apply now or contact email@example.com for further information.