Outbound Sales Consultant
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Building Products Divisional Support
- Job Reference:TLG/28395
- Closing Date:30 Sep 2022
Laminex New Zealand forms part of the Building Products division of Fletcher Building. We are a trusted business partner for decorative surfaces and panel products offering expert knowledge and exceptional value to customers. With market-leading brands in our portfolio including Formica, Laminex, Melteca, Strandfloor, Lakepine MDF, and Caesarstone, Laminex New Zealand offers residential and commercial solutions for all interior spaces from benchtops and cabinetry through to structural flooring, wall lining, and commercial joinery.
We have a newly created role to assist the business with identifying new business opportunities and customer development objectives in line with budgetary targets. You will be analysing your allocated customer base, building on trends, and buying habits to ensure Laminex remains the go-to for our sector.
This is a permanent full-time position (40 hours per week), vital to identifying and growing business in our channel. Based in Penrose, this is a highly collaborative role with exposure to many parts of the Laminex business, including working closely with Sales, Marketing, Customer Services, Supply Chain, and Business Intelligence teams.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Building strong relationships with our existing portfolio of customers over the phone via a regular call cycle, uncovering and maximising sales opportunities across multiple segments;
- Ability to effectively listen and gather information – enabling you to effectively sell and grow Laminex solutions that add value to customers;
- Providing technical support and advice to customers on Laminex product, brand, and pricing information;
- Gathering of market information and sharing sales leads across to the Sales teams;
- Communication of insights and market information that may influence purchasing decisions with Marketing and Supply Chain teams.
As a results-orientated person, you enjoy the thrill of the chase, know your YTD sales figures like the back of your hand and enjoy the feeling of watching your portfolio grow month by month. Your lasting relationships with your current client base are a testament to your customer focus and exceptional interpersonal skills, and resilience.
Ideally, you will be familiar with the trade industry or have knowledge of the kitchen/cabinetry/joinery industry, however not essential. Command of a second language such as Mandarin, Cantonese, or Korean would be a plus point.
Why work for us?
Laminex New Zealand empowers its employees to initiate change and consistently contribute to our success through:
- Flexible working arrangements, WFH a few days a week after the initial familiarisation period
- Encouraging and supporting each other in providing a safe and proactive environment
- A healthy combination of participation and autonomy
- Personal accountability for results
You will be joining a well-respected company offering fantastic culture, real opportunities for career advancement into more senior/ customer-facing sales roles and a range of benefits that come with working for New Zealand’s largest listed company.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.