Regional Finance Manager
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/28398
- Closing Date:14 Oct 2022
We have an opportunity for an experienced Regional Finance Manager to join the Higgins team in Wellington. This is a senior role, reporting to the Area Finance Manager; you will be leading the financials for the Higgins region along with the Te Aranga Alliance. You will be responsible for working alongside our highly skilled managers to help contribute to the Higgins Wellington businesses wider success.
You should have a modern approach to accounting and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Exceptional communication skills are a must, given that you’ll be required to interact with a wide number of key internal stakeholders. This is a hands-on role so we are looking for a quick thinker who can solve issues, have high attention to detail and provide accurate information promptly.
Completing and managing the financial and commercial reporting, including budgeting, forecasting and daily, weekly, monthly and annual financial reporting for the Region to Group timetable
Working with divisional managers to ensure contractual claims, cash flows, earned value, cost forecasting and reporting is completed
Providing financial and commercial support and training to operational and financial staff and management
Establishing financial and commercial controls and reporting protocols in line with required compliance, Group policies, culture and timetables
Driving change, innovation and continuous improvement in support of business operations
- Tertiary qualification in accounting or business with 3 to 5 years experience
- Proven hands on experience in a financial and commercial role preferably within the contracting and infrastructure sectors
- CA status or working towards CA status
- Solid experience with major ERP systems such as Microsoft Dynamics AX and JDE desirable
- You are at home in an environment where no two days are the same and where you are prepared to be one of the team and “muck in” where required.
- Team support, coaching and mentoring are key elements in this role
- Ability and willingness to grow with the business
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- Opportunity to be a part of a growing New Zealand business
- Competitive package
- On-going training and development
- Fletchers Benefits Programme, including discounted health insurance, Employee Welfare Fund & share scheme.
- Employee Education Fund to help you and your family reach your educational aspirations
As a leader in roading and infrastructure construction in New Zealand and Fiji on a continued growth path we have all the benefits of a large organisation with the heart of a smaller close-knit values-based business. Higgins is a member of the Fletcher Building family of companies, we offer an Employee Welfare Fund, Share Scheme, and an Employee Education Fund to help you and your family reach educational aspirations. A career with Higgins can lead to opportunities for career development in the wider Fletcher Building business.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.