Payroll & Finance Administrator
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/28401
- Closing Date:07 Oct 2022
Due to recent growth and a strong forward work position in the South Island we have an opportunity for a payroll administrator to join the Christchurch branch.
Reporting to the Finance Manager you will be part of a close-knit finance and administration team with the purpose to accurately administer payroll and finance processes and help drive operational excellence. This is a dual function position with most of the role focused on payroll processing and the remainder dedicated to providing finance support across customer accounts, master data and reporting.
This position will appeal to candidates who are experienced and competent in payroll and are looking to gain exposure to finance and accounts.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Prior experience in a payroll officer/administrator role.
• Prior experience working with ERP systems (JDE preferred).
• A can-do attitude and the ability to multi-task.
• The ability to communicate effectively and build relationships with both office and field staff.
• Prior experience in Civil Contracting/ Construction industries – desirable.
• Currently hold or working towards NZPPA certification (level 2 or 3) – desirable.
Come join the Green Team:
• Join a supportive and passionate team and with plans to build the Higgins brand across the South Island.
• Tailored training and development plans to help you grow and reach your personal and career goals.
• Career development – opportunities to grow your career at Higgins and the wider Fletcher Building group of businesses.
• Access to Fletchers Building Benefits Programme, including:
• A brand-new market-leading parental leave policy to ensure employees are well supported throughout one of life’s most significant events.
• FB employee share scheme, educational and welfare funds.
• A significant portfolio of retail benefits across major NZ businesses such as ANZ, Z energy, PlaceMakers, Mico and Samsung.
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.