- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/28409
- Closing Date:01 Oct 2022
We are seeking an experienced motivated Local Authority Maintenance Manager to join the Waipa team to make a significant contribution to our future success.
In this role you will work closely your team to oversee all maintenance projects and contracts under direct management, including all aspects of commercial and financial performance, variation pricing, client liaison and work programming.
What does success look like in this role?
- Develop a positive relationship with clients and manage work delivery to the Customers’ expectations
- Oversee the procurement of both sub-contractors and suppliers and manage all performance and contractual arrangements
- Ensure adequate documentation, financial reporting systems and administrative processes are in place
- Identification and analysis of problems/faults and appropriate solutions in the field
- Managing project resources including managing and developing efficient work teams
- Ensuring progress of projects is on track using appropriate technologies
- Identify and oversee risk management processes and procedures
- Oversee all variation works including identifying risks and opportunities
- Management of P&L and balance sheet activity.
Skills and Experience Required
- BE, NZCE (Civil) or Diploma in Engineering or equivalent, or near completion
- A track record in New Zealand road maintenance Contracts
- Understanding of the technical, contractual and financial requirement involved in a maintenance contract
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Project and knowledge of CRM systems
- Working understanding and ability to use RAMM, RAMM Contractor, Pocket RAMM
- Being adaptable, flexible and having the capacity to cope with multiple issues
- Commitment to the highest standards of health and safety
- The ability to lead and motivate teams to meet targets and objectives
- High level communication and relationship management skills
- Experience of financial processes with a commercial focus in budgeting, management of P&L and cost control
What We Offer
As a leader in roading and infrastructure construction in New Zealand and Fiji on a continued growth path we have all the benefits of a large organisation with the heart of a smaller close-knit values-based business. Higgins is a member of the Fletcher Building family of companies, we offer an Employee Welfare Fund, Share Scheme, and an Employee Education Fund to help you and your family reach educational aspirations. A career with Higgins can lead to opportunities for career development in the wider Fletcher Building business.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
If this opportunity is ticking your boxes, then don’t wait, apply online today!
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga.
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.