- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Location:Palmerston North
- Job Reference:FCH/28410
- Closing Date:07 Oct 2022
We are looking for an Operator to join the Higgins Asphalt Team in Palmerston North. This position will involve operating an Asphalt Paver, Skid Steer and Loader Roller. Ideally you will have some industry knowledge and experience in operating Asphalt machinery.
Our Operators are pro-active, and safety focused and enjoy working for an organisation where hard work is recognised and where they can build a career and not just do a job.
• Grow and develop in a supportive team who treat each other like Whanau
• Hard work is recognised - build a career and not just do a job
• Stable employment
• Competitive hourly rate
• Awesome benefits for you and your family to enjoy
• Brand new PPE gear (that’s your own personal protective equipment)
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Full clean New Zealand Driver’s License
• Ideally Asphalt Roller/Paver experience
• Roading and Infrastructure experience
• Strong focus on health and safety not only for yourself, your colleagues but also the public
• Self-motivated with a positive attitude and the ability to think for yourself
• A high level of physical fitness due to the physical nature of the role
• Be reliable, honest and a flexible team player
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.