Environment Health and Safety Coordinator
- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Environmental Health and Safety
- Business Group:Stramit
- Job Reference:
- Closing Date:26 Oct 2022
Proud to be Australian Made
Our products and people shape homes and communities. We’re one of Australia’s leading manufacturers and suppliers of roll formed steel building products - and for good reason.
You will see us on the roofs of iconic buildings and stadiums that span the Australian landscape. Our doors and panels open many commercial and residential builds. Our commitment is on high quality, custom made installations that put our customers unique needs and aspirations at the heart of all we do.
The Stramit Difference
Here at Stramit, we are on a growth journey. We’re big enough to give you the all the benefits of a national network but small enough to know our customers first name. We get the job done right, every time - no matter how complex.
We know that great people get things done. Our values guide our decision making, and we know we are all better together. We believe all injuries are preventable and we never walk past - we speak up and take action. Our people share ideas and are encouraged to have a go. We anticipate and create solutions for our customers.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Environment Health and Safety Coordinator to join our team in Knoxfield VIC.
As part of the national EHSQ team, this role will work closely with the Production and Maintenance departments, in a supportive team environment, with a proactive approach to ensuring that the workforce’s health & safety is always the number one priority.
In this role you will:
- Assist in the development, implementation and maintaining of Safety System assurance and Quality systems for the site, ensuring best practice results for the site
- Manage site EHS Improvement Plan
- Train and induct workers and operators, contractors and visitors ensuring compliance to rules and regulations
- Perform safety walks, audits, and assessments, on site and virtually
- Support with policy and procedure maintenance and development
To thrive in this role, you will have the following skills:
- Strong influencing skills, and the ability to engage with and build relationships with key stakeholders
- The ability to work in a team environment, collaborating to achieve agreed outcomes
- Recent experience in a similar EHS (quality assurance desirable) role within the manufacturing industry
- Cert IV in Work Health & Safety
- Cert IV in Workplace Training & Assessment
- 5 Why, Bowtie, ICAM, Lead Auditor and/or RTW training – desirable however not essential
What is in it for you?
You will be joining an iconic Australian brand that is constantly evolving. With our grit, determination and relentless pursuit for excellence, we are constantly on the lookout for design and innovation enhancements to improve built landscapes. With a team that blends years of experience with youthful curiosity, we are searching for a team player to build our future together.
We commit to:
- Empowering you to shape the transformation of our business;
- Working with you to chase your career aspirations
- Ongoing education and cross functional collaboration;
- FLEXit - our flexible work program that enables you to balance your own work/life priorities
- Diversity & Inclusivity - embracing all backgrounds and ethnicity
If you are ready to join in our transformation during an exciting growth phase and are a proactive tech professional, we encourage you to apply today!