2 x Afternoon Shift Forklift Operators (Full Time)
- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Supply Chain/Procurement
- Business Group:Laminex AU
- Location:Prospect (NSW)
- Job Reference:LAM/28472
- Closing Date:06 Oct 2022
Our Australian Made Story:
We’ve been a part of the iconic Australian design landscape for over 85 years. Only a few short years after Australian’s became happy little Vegemite’s, families were spreading their toast in kitchens and on tables made by us. We’ve come a long way.
Today, you’ll see Laminex on surfaces everywhere you look - be it hospitals, shopping centres, restaurants or your home, our team spend their day designing products so that all Australians can create beautiful spaces.
Where your story starts:
Due to recent business growth, we currently have 2 x opportunities available for enthusiastic, self-starting Forklift driver / store person to join our close-knit team in our Sydney Distribution Centre located in Prospect, Sydney NSW.
Working AFTERNOON SHIFT, Monday-Friday in a full-time position, your primary responsibilities will be loading and unloading of our trucks, racking, manually picking orders (non-forklift work) and general forklift duties.
Standard hours for this role will be 3.54pm - midnight with occasional OT. All afternoon shifts will receive a 15% loading.
Role you’ll play:
We are looking for a people focused and safety minded person who is ready to join a leading business in a pivotal role.
You must have a keen attitude and willingness to learn new things along with the following skills and experience:
- LF Forklift licence (required) with min 6 months experience loading an unloading trucks
- Experience loading and unloading oversized / non-standard pallet sized goods
- Must be able to work autonomously
- Strong customer service skills
- Physically fit as there is some manual lifting involved in this role
- Exceptional awareness of safety in the workplace