Quality Assurance Technician
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/28502
- Closing Date:07 Oct 2022
The Green Team at our branch in Christchurch is looking for a permanent full time Quality Assurance Technician to join them.
• Grow and develop in a supportive team who treat each other like Whanau
• Great start to your career to becoming an Engineer – we will support you with your studies and teach you everything we know!
• Hard work is recognised - build a career and not just do a job
• Competitive hourly rate
• Awesome benefits for you and your family to enjoy
• Brand new PPE gear (that’s your own personal protective equipment)
As a QA Tech you will provide effective and proactive support through accurate and timely data and documentation control, plan and monitor quality assurance in different roading surfaces. You’ll also facilitate onsite field testing, using mathematical and machinery procedures and to give you the full experience you may also be on the end of the shovel supporting the Team in the field.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Maths will be your strong point you will love all things facts and figures
• Ability to work nights shift and dayshift, including weekends
• Self-motivation, a positive attitude and the ability to think for yourself
• Be a reliable, honest and flexible team-player
• Great attention to detail and accuracy
• Have excellent time management skills
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.