- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/28503
- Closing Date:09 Dec 2022
We are looking for Mechanics with a passion for working on large trucks or plant e.g. diggers, graders, and loaders. Competitive hourly rate.
We have an opportunity available for a workshop mechanic to join our Auckland team at Higgins.
• Grow and develop in a supportive team who treat each other like Whanau
• Hard work is recognised - build a career and not just do a job
• Competitive salary
• Awesome benefits for you and your family to enjoy
• Work alongside an experienced Workshop Manager with a wealth of experience
• Opportunity to develop into a Workshop Foreman position
As an experienced workshop mechanic your role will focus on the repair and maintenance of a variety of trucks and equipment in our busy depot. You will be working alongside a team of experienced mechanics who work together to solve problems in a safe environment.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Experience in mechanical repair and maintenance of heavy vehicles and equipment
• Experience on yellow plant e.g. diggers, graders, loaders, dozers
• Level 4 Trade qualification or similar
• Excellent communication skills
• High attention to detail
• Committed to a safety-first culture
• Availability to work an on-call roster
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check.
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.