- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Environmental Health and Safety
- Business Group:FCC Infrastructure
- Job Reference:
- Closing Date:19 Oct 2022
We are currently recruiting for an Environment Advisor on the iconic Peka Peka to Otaki (PP20) motorway project to help deliver our finishing works.
Otaki to Peka Peka is $400M highways improvement project that will provide a bypass of Otaki, a four-lane expressway to ease congestion and improve the movement of freight and people through the region.
Are you an experienced Environmental Advisor looking for a new challenge? Here at Fletcher we’re on a journey to set the standard and be the best in the industry.
Reporting to the Environmental Manager on project, you will be based in Otaki site office and will be responsible for providing high level professional environmental advice to the front-line leaders and workforce to promote movement towards an interdependent environmental culture. Your role will also require you to coach workers on best practice environmental practices and help them to ensure all risks are appropriately managed in the workplace.
To be successful in this role, we’re looking for someone who has:
- Tertiary qualifications in environmental related discipline
- At least 5 years’ experience in an environmental role within the construction industry
- Excellent knowledge of the NZ legislative environment including RMA and HSNO and industry guidelines and standards
- The ability to Coach workers on environmental best practice and help them to ensure all risks are appropriately managed in the workplace
- Great communication skills with a coaching, influencing emphasis
- The ability to build credibility and trust in the business
What's on offer
- Opportunity to be a part of a growing New Zealand business
- Competitive package
- On-going training and development
- Fletchers Benefits Programme, including discounted health insurance, Employee Welfare Fund & share scheme.
- Employee Education Fund to help you and your family reach your educational aspirations
About Fletcher Construction
The Fletcher Construction Company is a strong family of connected businesses partnering with our customers to create places, spaces and networks that work for people.
Since 1909 our people have planned, built, maintained, and managed critical infrastructure and buildings to strengthen and serve our communities in New Zealand and the South Pacific. Our people enjoy career development programmes, cross-business advancement opportunities and a range of staff benefits which makes Fletcher an employer of choice.
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.