- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/10048299
- Closing Date:14 Dec 2022
The Higgins Green Team working in the Laboratory on the beautiful Kapiti Coast have an awesome opportunity for a Laboratory Technician to join their diverse team.
• Grow and develop in a supportive team
• Hard work is recognised - build a career and not just do a job
• Competitive hourly rate
• Awesome staff benefits for you and your family to enjoy
• Brand new PPE gear (that’s your own personal protective equipment)
As a Laboratory Technician you will be responsible for both collecting samples, testing materials, and analysing results. This role is well suited to someone with a high regard for safety and quality. There will be regular physical labour involved with respect to sampling and handling testing equipment and materials.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Tertiary diploma or equivalent in construction or science related field and/or a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the construction industry or in a construction materials testing laboratory
• Good computer skills including word-processing and spreadsheet skills
• A valid, clean, and current Class 1 driver’s license is essential
• Ability to work a roster of night and day shifts
• Ability to learn and follow documented systems and procedures
• Be extremely focussed
• Have immaculate attention to detail
• A strong commitment to a safe and healthy workplace
• A willing can-do attitude
What Higgins offers you:
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, great staff benefits (Discounts, Parental leave, Educational support) and career progression opportunities with in Fletcher Building organisation.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.