Cyclic Crew Member
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:
- Closing Date:18 Oct 2022
Higgins in the Mighty Waikato have an awesome opportunity for a hands-on Road Maintenance Labourer to join their crew in Morrinsville.
About the role:
You will be working alongside the Road Maintenance Foreperson to look after the maintenance repair works, annual programmed works, pre-seal repairs, and additional works projects on the Waikato roading network.
- Operate allocated machinery; plate compactor, chainsaw, small tools
- Culvert and drainage maintenance, cleaning and minor structural work
- Pavement and footpath maintenance - potholes, crack sealing, shovel repairs
- Non-structural bridge maintenance
- Sweeping, litter collection, detritus clearing and tree trimming
- Rostered after hours incident response
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Roading industry experience
- TC Level 1 ticket
- Full class 1 licence
- Class 2 Drivers Licence/WTR endorsements (bonus)
- Reliable, honest team player who leads from the front
- Knowledge of materials, methods and tools involved in road maintenance
- Strong focus on health and safety not only for yourself, your colleagues but also the public
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependents.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.