Training & Development Co-Ordinator
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Location:Palmerston North
- Job Reference:
- Closing Date:19 Oct 2022
As a result of an internal promotion, a Training and Development Coordinator position is available in Palmerston North.
The role is responsible for
- Developing a forward-looking training plan
- Planning and scheduling training including course bookings
- Maintaining the Competency Management System (CMS)
- Working with ITO’s and other external training partners to support our qualification programmes
- Partnering with the L&D team to coordinate nominations and enrolments for capability development training
This is a fast-paced position that will require you to work with our diversional leaders to ensure our people have the skills and knowledge they need. If you enjoy challenges and are passionate about making a real impact, then this is the role for you.
Come join the Higgins Team:
- Opportunities to grow your career at Higgins
- Continuous training and development to help you succeed in your career
- Competitive salary
- Access to Fletchers Benefits Programme, family scholarship & share scheme along with multi-business discounts for you and your family to enjoy
- A brand-new market-leading parental leave policy
What you’ll bring to the role:
- A passion for upskilling our workforce
- The ability to analyse and interpret data and provide reports and plans
- Organisational and coordination skills
- An ability to confidently use systems and databases
- Self-motivated and pro-active
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Experience in a similar industry would be advantageous, but our priority is finding an individual who fits with our culture and team.
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive salary, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependents
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haere.
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.