Health & Safety Manager
- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Environmental Health and Safety
- Business Group:Golden Bay Cement
- Job Reference:GBC/28780
- Closing Date:20 Oct 2022
Golden Bay Cement have built an enviable reputation as New Zealand’s reliable manufacturer and distributor of cement products – supporting New Zealand’s construction industry for over 100 years.
This reputation is built by the people that work there.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Health & Safety Manager to join our Golden Bay Cement, Portland team based in Whangarei.
What’s in it for you?
- Staff discounts – PlaceMakers/Mico/Southern Cross
- Employee Education Fund – Staff & Dependants
- Yearly Family Rainbows End trip
+ lots more benefits….
What will you do?
Provide strategic guidance, governance, and leadership in health & safety practices, working collaboratively with operational leaders to implement and drive health and safety initiatives and performance through the development of EHS leadership capability.
This position will also be expected to achieve business sustainability through development, implementation and maintenance of risk management capability and business systems.
Above all else, this is a leadership role, you will be expected to make a meaningful and significant contribution to the leadership within Golden Bay Cement
Your responsibilities include
- Integrate Group and Division EHS Strategic Initiatives into GBC Business Unit Specific H&S annual Plans.
- Execute annual H&S plans as they relate to the function with comprehensive leadership of the activity, including prioritization of key issues.
- Facilitate Management Reviews of safety performance for Business Line Leaders
- Facilitate Major Site/Operational and Capex Risk Reviews
You have experience in:
- Tertiary qualification – preferably Health and Safety related
- Previous experience (5+ years) in a Manager role.
- 3+ years’ experience in Heavy Engineering /Manufacturing Industry (preferred not essential)
- Qualification and/or advanced investigations and risk assessment
- Experience in applying and interpreting the EHS regulatory frameworks (HSWA 2015, Resource Management Act and ACC AEP)
- Ability to define and Implement Industrial Hygiene and Health Surveillance Programs
- Highly effective communication skills both oral and written at all levels to successfully achieve outcomes