- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/28814
- Closing Date:09 Dec 2022
The Higgins Green Team in Taupo have an opportunity for an experienced Machine Operator to join their supportive and passionate team.
Reporting to our Depot Manager, you’ll be licensed, pro-active, and safety focused as you will be key in enabling our Teams to deliver on what we do best – roading and infrastructure.
We are offering not just a job but a stepping-stone towards your ongoing career development alongside the support of a company that knows how important our Teams are.
If you are looking for the next step in your career then now is the time to take action! This is what we think you will need to be successful in these roles:
- Roading and construction experience including knowledge of materials, methods and tools involved in road construction and maintenance
- WTR licence
- Strong focus on health and safety not only for yourself, your colleagues but also the public
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude and the ability to think for yourself
- A high level of physical fitness due to the physical nature of the roles
- Be reliable, honest and a flexible team player
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.