- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Supply Chain/Procurement
- Business Group:Laminex NZ
- Job Reference:LMX/28870
- Closing Date:16 Dec 2022
Laminex New Zealand forms part of the Building Products division of Fletcher Building and we are a trusted business partner with market-leading brands for great design spaces, offering expert knowledge and exceptional value to our customers. We have a fantastic people culture at Laminex and our priority is to make all our people feel welcomed when they join and feel valued as they continue their journey with us.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
An exciting new role has been created for a Supply Planner to join us in developing effective material requirements planning mechanisms aimed at sharpening our order fulfillment, inventory management and supply chain activities. As well as taking an analytical approach to planning for order fulfillment, analysing rough-cut capacity, storage of inventory and materials and anticipating market trends, other key duties will include:
• Drive significant improvements in the supply planning process including supply planning, purchasing operations, and distribution according to demand forecasts, considering capacity constraints and material availability
• Buying goods and services to make product deliveries and inventory more efficient at the same time as improving the quality of products & services produced by our organisation
• Calculating the materials and components needed to manufacture a product, able to deal with ambiguity and complexity
• Anticipates potential risks, develops contingency plans and proactively supporting strategic and/or complex decisions
• Maintaining an accurate item master record to ensure that productivity, sourcing parameters and workflow continue uninterrupted and without excess cost or unnecessary work
• Tracking the company’s current inventory, analysing available data from demand planning, inventory reports and other resources and recommending changes to the way the company handles inventory
You instinctively build a strong rapport with the diverse group of stakeholders you work with and you are an effective communicator who will relish the opportunity to really make your mark in this role. As well as demonstrated experience in a supply planning, demand planning, production planning or a buyer role, you will possess:
• Proficient knowledge in SAP-IBP, APO, or equivalent Supply Chain Planning ERP system
• Advanced skills in Excel and Data Analytics (Power BI & SQL will be an advantage)
• Extensive experience in Material Requirements Planning (MRP) and inventory management to meet the targets of sales and customer demand
• Attention to detail and possess strong analytical skills, with a ‘think outside the box’ approach
• Diligent in your mathematical and analytical skills, yet firm and authoritative when dealing with suppliers
• A Can-Do Attitude and ability to work well with key internal stakeholders in the pursuit of our Supply Chain and business goals
As part of the Fletcher Building group of companies, you will be able to leverage experience and relationships from across our organisation and achieve success for yourself and our company. You will be joining a business in great shape that is ready to capitalise on your drive and energy and can offer great benefits that come from working with one of New Zealand’s largest listed companies.
If this sounds like your next opportunity, please apply now or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.