- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/28882
- Closing Date:03 Dec 2022
We have an exciting opportunity available for a Cyclic Crew Member to join the Maintenance JV Team working on the Ara Tūhono Pūhoi to Warkworth project which will extend the Northern SH1 18.5km from the Johnstone's Hill Tunnels. Take a look at latest drone flyover footage to get an insight into the project here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNnZYl2eBCw
You will be involved in all maintenance activities on the project including:
• Operate allocated machinery – WTR beneficial
• Culvert and drainage maintenance, cleaning and minor structural work
• Pavement and footpath maintenance - potholes, crack sealing, shovel repairs
• Non-structural bridge maintenance
• Sweeping, litter collection, detritus clearing and tree trimming
• Rostered after hours incident response – you will receive an on call allowance (you will need to be able to respond to a call out after hours within 30 minutes)
What you’ll bring to the role:
•Ideally you will have Roading industry experience
• TC Level 1 ticket – we can support you to gain this is required
• Ideally you will have a Class 2 Drivers Licence
• Reliable, honest team player who leads from the front
• Knowledge of materials, methods and tools involved in road maintenance
• Strong focus on health and safety not only for yourself, your colleagues but also the public
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.