Logistics & Planning Controller
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Steel
- Job Reference:REO/28888
- Closing Date:22 Dec 2022
Fletcher Reinforcing is New Zealand’s leading fabricator and supplier of reinforcing steel and associated products to the building and construction industry. We are part of Fletcher Building, a diversified global company, and we’re truly lucky to have the capability to be able to lend a hand to virtually every major construction project in New Zealand, without losing sight of local communities.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Based in Hamilton, the Planning and Logistics Controller is an integral position within our business and is responsible for cost control, planning, inventory, transport and production processes. This is a really ‘meaty’ role that will provide growth and development opportunities and overall responsibilities will include:
- Manage and develop daily/weekly production schedules based on customer requirements and available resource
- Liaise with key transport providers; creating a real-time delivery plan, organising efficient trucking routes, and providing regular updates to our customers, troubleshooting any onsite delivery obstacles
- Lead regular stock takes, ensuring stock is accurately reflected in our inventory records as well as analysing variances and accurate data recording
- Develop relationships with transport suppliers, raise purchase orders and address any quality issues in a timely manner
- Develop month-end and seek out any areas for process improvement
As a driver of collaborative communication across the team, with positive energy and a willingness to improve process & quality systems, you will ideally possess the following skills:
- Top-notch communication skills and a true networker, building solid relationships with internal and external stakeholders in an open and honest communication style
- Recognise conflicting priorities within the team and initiate joint problem solving to determine the best course of action
- Able to plan, prioritise and collaborate with a sense of urgency;
- Excellent attention to detail, a forward planning mentality and methodical approach to work
- Previous experience in manufacturing and operations with a focus on planning and logistics an advantage
As part of the Fletcher Building group of companies, you will be able to leverage experience and relationships from across our organisation and achieve success for yourself and our company. Future growth can come in all forms, anywhere in NZ, as you will be part of a large organisation offering a supportive, fun and easy going working environment, excellent salary and a commitment to ongoing learning.
With a huge opportunity here to make an impact and drive change, this is an exciting time to join our business, apply today!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.