Trainee Estimator - National Estimating Unit
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:PlaceMakers
- Job Reference:28912
- Closing Date:30 Jan 2023
About the role:
Our Christchurch National Estimating Unit provides residential and light commercial construction estimating and Mitek design services to our PlaceMakers branches across the country.
We currently have an opportunity to bring on two new team members with or without industry experience and we will provide full training and support you to become an Estimator. These are full-time, permanent roles and will be ideal for someone with a few years of work experience who is now on the hunt for a meaningful career!
- You’ll need to be a natural problem solver, as a big part of this role involves working with information that is not necessarily complete. Therefore have the confidence to ask questions and to look for answers
- This is an office-based job. You will spend a lot of time at your desk behind a computer and so computing must be something you’re attracted to.
- Basic Excel knowledge and experience
- You will need to have a high level of spoken and written English language.
Skills and Experience:
- A great attitude is most important! We are after someone with drive, willingness to learn and ready to get stuck in!
- All work experience is welcome - You might be a builder who is looking to get off the tools. An Admin Superstar or someone looking for a shift in careers and up for a new challenge.
- You will need to be naturally pretty good with numbers and like mathematics.
- These roles will suit someone who is a bit of a perfectionist by nature and someone who really likes to get into the detail of things.
What’s on offer:
It’s not often that opportunities like this come up where a business will train you in a specialised role that could almost guarantee satisfying work and a career path. So, we will be looking for people who are hungry and driven, people with an exceptional work ethic and who appreciate that we will be investing in them.
Your ability to listen, communicate well and work collaboratively with the team will of course be important. We will also be looking for an inquiring mind and the ability to feel confident to ask questions and look for solutions.
About PlaceMakers and our Benefits
PlaceMakers is New Zealand's leading and largest supplier of building materials to New Zealand’s commercial and residential construction markets. Part of New Zealand’s largest listed company, Fletcher Building, we employ more than 2,100 people in over 60 locations across the country and stock more than 100,000 product lines from concrete to paint and plasterboard.
Plus you can also expect generous staff-buying privileges and genuine opportunities for development that come with being part of the wider Fletcher Building Group.
This role is working Monday to Friday, 40 hours, permanent opportunity, with flexibility around hours. This role will offer an hourly wage and you will need to appreciate that you will be starting on the first rung of the ladder. However we have regular reviews with skills-based pay increases, so if you are learning and performing well your pay will grow fairly quickly – it’s all up to you!
Opportunities like this do not come along very often and these are limited. As a part of our recruitment process, you will need to complete a one-way video interview, where you will self-record video answers to our interview questions.
Please note - A pre-employment medical, including a drug test will be required as well as being fully eligible to work in NZ indefinitely.
We are proud of the incredible diversity of people who make up our business! As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees across our national network of branches throughout New Zealand.