- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/28942
- Closing Date:09 Dec 2022
Nāu te rourou, nāku te rourou, ka ora ai te iwi
With your food basket and my food basket the people will thrive
Kāinga Ora have plans to build over 1000 new warm, dry, healthy homes in eastern Porirua. To support them in the delivery of essential infrastructure and land development works, construction and infrastructure experts Higgins, Brian Perry Civil, Fletcher Infrastructure, Goodmans, Beca, Harrison Grierson and Orogen have partnered alongside Kāinga Ora, Porirua City Council and Ngāti Toa Rangatira to create Te Aranga Alliance – a unique way of delivering complex and multidisciplinary programmes of work.
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Construction Manager to join the Higgins Green Team based at Te Aranga Alliance in Porirua.
You will be responsible for:
• Leading construction delivery across a portfolio of Land Development projects
• Maintaining a strong Health & Safety culture onsite by leading management of hazards and control measures and applying learnings from observations and incidents
• Fostering a strong and productive interface with the Land Development Design Lead to understand the full scope of works and develop the project programmes
• Developing methodologies and pricing to produce the Target Outturn Cost and Target Programme for the Land Development projects
• Executing the planned work by establishing resource requirements, proactively managing works on site, and anticipating delivery issues
• Reporting on programme progress weekly via the management of milestone delivery
• Controlling the works and the spend, measuring earned value vs allowances
• Tracking expenditure against risk items, variations, unscheduled work, and subcontractor changes
• Reporting on Progress - Earned Value vs Budget and Cost to Complete
• Mitigating the impact we have on our neighbouring Environment and Community. This may include, but not limited to, managing the impact of noise, vibration, sediment, dust, hours of work, and traffic flows to comply with resource consents
• Working with the Communications team to promote prescriptive communication messages to the neighbourhood and drive the right behaviours through the site team to promote a positive experience by those impacted in our neighbourhoods
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Extensive proven experience in a similar type role
• Understanding of the technical, contractual and financial requirements involved in construction and maintenance contracts
• Experience of financial processes such as budgeting, management of P&L and cost control with a commercial focus
• Civil Engineering Degree desirable
• High level communication and relationship management skills
• Ability to lead and motivate a high performing team
What’s in it for you?
The opportunity to grow and develop in a supportive and emerging leadership team, to bring excitement to influence and lead change and of course, great employee benefits for you and your family!
This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of a large scale and complex infrastructure project making a difference to the lives of the Porirua community.
If this sounds like you and you are looking for a role where you can make a difference then APPLY ONLINE TODAY!
Our strong safety and wellbeing focus reflects how much we value our people. We are committed to providing a safe and drug free workplace. Everyone joining our team is required to pass a drug and alcohol test along with a health check before staring work.
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga