Class 5 Driver
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH10048884
- Closing Date:21 Apr 2023
The Higgins Green Team in Christchurch are looking for permanent full time Class 5 Driver to join the team.
• Grow and develop in a supportive team who treat each other like Whanau
• Hard work is recognised - build a career and not just do a job
• Competitive hourly rate
• Career development – opportunities to grow your career at Higgins
• Access to Fletchers Building Benefits Programme, including:
• A brand-new market-leading parental leave policy to ensure employees are well supported throughout one of life’s most significant events.
• FB employee share scheme, educational and welfare funds
• A significant portfolio of retail benefits across major NZ businesses such as ANZ, Z energy, PlaceMakers, Mico and Samsung.
Ideally you will have experience in the roading/civil transportation sector and operating heavy tipper trucks with a Road Ranger gear box. There is also the option for both day and nightshift work.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Full class 5 licence
• A safety-first attitude – for yourself and the public
• Previous experience in a similar role driving heavy trucks
• Team player
• Flexible, committed and reliable – will turn up rain or shine
• Passion for our industry and the willingness to work hard and learn
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.