Mechanical / Project Engineer - Laminex (Toolara Plant)
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Laminex AU
- Job Reference:LAM/27531
- Closing Date:07 Jan 2023
Gympie Mechanical / Process Engineer
Our Australian Made Story
At 85 years young - today, you’ll see Laminex on surfaces everywhere you look - be it in hospitals, shopping centres, restaurants, or your home. We manufacture and procure a broad range of products for commercial and residential use such as laminate, engineered stone and panel products so that all Australians can live in beautiful, practical spaces.
Based at our Gymipe manufacturing plant and reporting to the Engineering Leader, we are on the hunt for a safety-focused Mechanical or Project Engineer to join us in a full-time, Monday-Friday, salaried position.
The Mechanical / Project Engineer is responsible for providing engineering expertise in the planning, fabrication, installation and assembly of projects as well as managing all aspects of projects required to take concepts and ideas through to installation in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Minimum of degree level qualification in mechanical or project engineering discipline
- Wood panel manufacturing or wood industry processes (mandatory)
- Good computer skills and knowledge of the Microsoft suite (Excel & Word) of products
- Understanding of relevant OH&S Act, Regulations, Codes of Practice & Advisory Standards
- Understanding of relevant Australian Standards and systems such as ISO 9001 & ISO 14001.
- Demonstrated experience / skills in engineering, maintenance and project management
- Experience in managing projects and implementing best practice
- Experience in contractor management
- Communication skills at all levels
Life at Laminex
In return we offer a supportive working environment with a great career development platform, a competitive package, and an impressive employee benefits programme.
Are you ready to start your next chapter at one of Australia’s Top-10 “Best Places to Work”?
Apply now or contact Lachlan from Laminex for a confidential discussion on 0456 918 772