- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:
- Closing Date:21 Dec 2022
The Green Team at our branch in Tamaki Makaurau is looking for a permanent full time Sprayer Operator to join the newly created membrane crew in our chipseal division. This is predominantly nightshift work.
• Grow and develop in a supportive team who treat each other like Whanau
• Run a small crew – work alongside a QA technician
• Hard work is recognised - build a career and not just do a job
• Stable employment and guaranteed hours
• Competitive hourly rate
• Access to Fletchers Building Benefits Programme, including:
• A brand-new market-leading parental leave policy to ensure employees are well supported throughout one of life’s most significant events.
• FB employee share scheme, educational and welfare funds
• A significant portfolio of retail benefits across major NZ businesses such as ANZ, Z energy, PlaceMakers, Mico and Samsung.
• Brand new PPE gear (that’s your own personal protective equipment)
You will be operating a Bitumen Distributor and be responsible for resealing and maintenance. Work is not always in Auckland as this crew can travel to where their specialist skills are required so work so travel may be required at times.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Previous experience as a sprayer operator or in chip sealing
• Class 4 with WTR
• Dangerous Goods – ideal we can put you through that if needed
• A safety-first attitude – for yourself and the public
• Team player
• Flexible, committed and reliable – will turn up rain or shine
• Passion for our industry and the willingness to work hard and learn
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.