- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Steel
- Job Reference:DIM/29066
- Closing Date:16 Dec 2022
Diamond Structural manufactures steel purlin and composite flooring products for the construction industry. All our products are manufactured in New Zealand to the highest standard. We are looking for a skilled Production Team Leader to join our Penrose site. Reporting into our Production Manager, this exciting position will focus on providing leadership across production, whilst also working hands-on when required. If you have manufacturing leadership and experience we want to speak with you!
Key responsibilities working across this morning shift include:
- Managing production and providing your team with guidance, training, coaching and development opportunities
- To safely achieve the desired quality and quantity of production on shift
- Championing Health and Safety to your team
- Providing updates to key internal stakeholders to ensure daily production targets are achieved
- Providing a hands-on leadership style, where you will be required to also help on the lines operating machinery
What you need:
- Experience in a similar Leadership position within a manufacturing environment
- Health & Safety focused
- Available to work morning shift, 5.30am to 3pm (or 6am to 3.30pm), overtime as req.
- Overhead Gantry crane and Forklift experience/license is MUST and experience driving Combi lift (side loader) is preferred
- Machine operating experience preferably in purlin/roll flooring manufacturing environment
- Excellent people management and orgnisational skills
- Opportunity to join a stable business with established relationships and investment in the best people and machinery
- Great team culture with ongoing training and development
- Excellent package with overtime rates
We value your experience and skills, but to succeed in this team you will also need to demonstrate the qualities we value as an organisation. We are looking for people who thrive working in a team environment, who are there for each other during challenges and successes. Our people act with integrity, are down to earth, open and honest and always looking for ways to improve. If you have the right skills and interested to know more about the role, please submit your application and the team will be in touch with you to discuss further. All candidates must have permanent working rights in New Zealand.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.