Steel Placing Team Leader/ Foreman
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Steel
- Job Reference:REO/29138
- Closing Date:24 Feb 2023
Fletcher Reinforcing is New Zealand’s leading fabricator and supplier of reinforcing steel and associated products to the building and construction industry. We are part of Fletcher Building, a diversified global industrial company.
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Steel Placing Team Leader/ Foreman to join New Zealand’s largest infrastructure and construction company and work on some of New Zealand’s most significant commercial projects based in Christchurch.
Day to day you will be leading a team of 10 steel fixers to ensure optimum performance is maintained with regard to throughput, quality, safety, and fabrication requirements in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
To succeed in this role, you will ideally have:
- a minimum of 3-5 years of infrastructure experience, strong people management, and leadership skills,
- sound business acumen and the ability to understand and implement PNLs,
- good understanding of construction drawings and detail sheets and utilising the same to lead the team towards assembling structures correctly to the required standard in a timely manner,
- proven experience in cutting, tying, inserting ground beams, and constructing steel columns,
- converse confidently and professionally with the wider internal teams, clients, engineers, and supervisors,
- Safe work practices, quality standards, and respecting all cultures are a must.
In return, you’ll be joining a well-respected business that can offer a competitive hourly rate and company vehicle plus a range of benefits and opportunities for career advancement that come with being part of Fletcher Building.
Please apply online today and we look forward to hearing from you. For more information, please contact Shital Kaur at email@example.com.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.