Area Leader - Process Panels
We are seeking an Area Leader working Monday to Friday who is eager to advance their skill set in a manufacturing process and thrive in a team orientated environment. Laminex has been part of Australian life for more than 80 Years we are the leading marketer, supplier and manufacturer of premium decorative surfaces in Australia.
As a production Area Leader, you will be primarily responsible for ensuring the Process Panels meets its production schedule each week. You will be managing your team of operators and as team leader you have the ability to motivate and engage your team in working together to get the best from each individual while ensuring the quality of production.
You will be responsible for leading your team in Employee safety, product quality and delivery targets will form the basis of your daily responsibilities. This permanent role is offered on a weekday roster
This will be a strictly dayshift position, working 5am-2.30pm Monday – Thursday and 5am-1.30pm on Fridays which is a 42 hour week as standard.
There is limited additional overtime in the Process Panels area, however if the successful applicant has good forklift skills, there will be an opportunity to take on some overtime on Saturdays and Sundays in the Finishing Area.
- Prepare & Review schedule on weekly/daily basis
- Oversee the Safe operation of forklifts in department
- Lead a team of up to 10 people
- Identify & develop action plans for hazards and safety concerns
- Ensure accuracy in product data entered in the product management system.
- Ensure conformance of detailed and accurate quality control checks
- Work with team members Identify maintenance issues with plant/equipment
- Support operator upskilling across different plant/equipment through buddy system training.
- Hold and participate in Safety observation discussions
Qualifications, Skills and Experience Required:
- Previous Leadership experience in a similar role within a processing plant/facility is desirable but not essential.
- Current High-Risk license (Forklift) or willing to obtain desirable
- Committed to a safe work environment and willing to promote safety within a team
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to empower and motivate team members
Our network of Australian manufacturing plants covers seven locations across four states. In Cheltenham, a bayside suburb of Melbourne, we make high pressure laminate, compact laminate and wet-area panelling. A few hours west in Ballarat, a regional Victorian town, we make decorated MDF used for cabinetry doors and here in Dardanup WA and in Gympie QLD, we manufacture low pressure laminate, Raw particleboard and MDF.
Life at Laminex:
2021 and 2022 “Top-10 Australian Employer” plus a bunch of cooperate discounts, need we say more?
How to apply:
Apply now and then call Lachlan from Laminex on 0456 918 772