Employment Relations Specialist
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:People and Communications
- Job Reference:FBC/29161
- Closing Date:13 Apr 2023
Who are we?
With around 14500 people across New Zealand, Australia and the South Pacific, Fletcher Building is an organisation made up of people who use all of their experience, skills and individuality to do amazing work. With some 30 businesses operating across a range of sectors, there has never been a better time to join the Fletcher Building family where our people are proud to say, “We made it”.
About the role
You will be supporting the NZ Group Employee Relations Manager in providing in-house employment law support, this includes, but is certainly not limited to:
- Assistance with complex employment relationship problems (up to and including mediations)
- Assistance with complex investigations
- ER policies, procedures and systems
- Upskilling/training the wider P&P community on key employment-related areas (and developments)
- Industrial relations strategy and planning;
- Special projects (including Government submission on proposed legislative changes)
You’ll be tertiary qualified in Law, you’ll be admitted to the Bar and hold New Zealand Law Society Practicing Certificate (or be able to obtain one), with between 3-5 years demonstrated relevant work experience. Perhaps you’re a Senior Solicitor in a law firm, with a broad client based, looking to make your move in-house. This experience would bode well, as the internal client base at Fletcher Building varies across our wide range of business units and brands. You'll therefore need to deal with varying working and communication styles, showing a chameleon-like ability to flex your stakeholder engagement style. This means you’ll be resilient, hard-working and not afraid to take the lead. We are looking for a bright, focused and self-starting professional to join our close-knit team. A great sense of humour will carry you a long way in a team full of laughs as well as hard work.
What can we offer you?
- Flexible work conditions
- A high degree of ownership and autonomy
- Development and training
- Support, engagement and a highly driven team culture
If this is you hit “Apply for this job” or contact Mereula Nacewa, Corporate Talent Acquisition Manager at Fletcher Building on 021 727 166 for more info.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.