- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/29165
- Closing Date:23 Apr 2023
The Green Team at our branch in Tauranga are looking for a permanent full-time experienced Diesel Mechanic to join the Workshop Crew.
- Grow and develop in a supportive team
- Hard work is recognised - build a career and not just do a job
- Competitive hourly rate
- Awesome benefits for you and your family to enjoy
- Brand new PPE gear (that’s your own personal protective equipment)
As a in house Diesel Mechanic, your focus on repair and maintenance on a variety of medium to large plant and equipment and road transport
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Experience in mechanical repair and maintenance of heavy vehicles and equipment
- Minimum Level 4 Trade qualification
- Practical experience operating industry equipment and plant
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible and resilient (occasionally required to work night shift/call outs)
- High attention to detail
- Physically fit
- Committed to a safety-first culture
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.