- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Group Innovation
- Job Reference:FBC/29322
- Closing Date:12 Dec 2023
Who we are?
Fletcher Building is pretty big. We’ve got 30+ businesses across Australia, NZ and the Pacific. But we’re also a family, a community made up of people guided by a vision to be New Zealand and Australia’s leading Construction, Building Products and Services company. We’re driven by our purpose to improve the world around us through smart thinking, simply delivered.
The Innovation Team is an exciting place to be because we get to help shape the future of Fletcher Building. The team is small, agile, fast moving and disruptive, aiming to rapidly deliver innovative and sustainable building/construction solutions across the business; including innovation of our products, processes, channels, customer engagement – and together with broader initiatives to meet our decarbonization and sustainability agenda.
About the role
As an Innovation Manger, you’ll manage the delivery of innovation projects and assist in managing a pipeline of initiatives that will drive value for Fletcher Building. You and the team will seek to understand the business problem and/or customer needs, and then identity, evaluate and develop appropriate value propositions and solutions to meet those needs. You will be central in helping Fletcher Building business units and corporate functions to transform their offerings to customers and increase internal efficiency. This particular role will support our Construction division and our Concrete division.
Innovating on how we make and distribute products and build homes and infrastructure that help communities thrive is an obsession for our team and we’d love to talk to you if you share this passion!
- Research innovation opportunities (demand, competitors, suppliers, pricing, and customer research), and identify and prioritize viable options for project delivery and commercialisation.
- Project management, design and delivery of innovation projects for Group Innovation and our business units.
- Facilitate and direct prototyping of solutions and coordinate interactions with customers to test & validate outcomes against customer need.
- Coordinate and communicate with key stakeholders/ suppliers/ contractors to ensure that we harness our collective capabilities to deliver.
- Drive innovation through agile project management and delivery, keeping stakeholders engaged and delivering to commitments.
- Identify opportunities to add value to service and solutions where possible.
You’ll hold a relevant tertiary qualification in Engineering, Product Development or similar, with a proven ability to think creatively, challenge the status quo and turn ideas into actionable business propositions. You will have at least 5 years project or product management experience, coupled with a background in researching and delivering cutting edge product or innovation offerings. Or you’ll possess an Engineering background within Construction or similar. Experience in commercialisation would be highly advantageous.
What’s in it for you?
- A great opportunity to work with a leading organisation and a dynamic agile team.
- A competitive salary, various benefits and great support to help you on your journey.
- A massive organisation with endless possibilities to influence change.
- A flexible work environment with a vibrant team atmosphere.
Apply now or contact Mereula Nacewa, Corporate Talent Acquisition Manager at Fletcher Building on 021 727 166 for more info.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.