- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Steel
- Job Reference:CPP/29352
- Closing Date:23 Dec 2022
Pacific Coilcoaters (aka ColorCote) is the market leader of pre-painted steel and metal products in New Zealand. We are part of Fletcher Building, a diversified global building industry company.
Do you take pride in making quality New Zealand made products and would you love to work for an iconic New Zealand brand?
Here at PCC we are looking for experienced and self-motivated Logistics Operators who also hold forklift license to paint coil steel and ensure quality on our production line.
Based in our busy production facility in Penrose, this role will see you
- Ensure customer orders are packed (or unpacked) and dispatched in full and on time to meet customers expectations
- To unload trucks, stow and store all raw materials
- To have good problem solving skills and good communication skills to support being part of the wider Logistics Team
- Marking up export coils as per container packing lists and packing / strapping containers
- To seek continuous improvement and time saving initiatives in all areas
- To maintain good housekeeping practices in all of the stores, packing, and bulk storage areas
- To hold a current fork hoist license and be approved to operate the equipment unique to our site
Ideally you will have previous manufacturing experience preferably in painting and powder coating, or in a general production environment.
Health and Safety is at the forefront of what we do so safe work practices, along with the willingness to identify potential hazards and participate in Health and Safety training, is a must.
We currently operate a 24/7 production. This role is for a rotated shift pattern
WEEK 1: 7AM to 3PM Monday to Saturday
WEEK 2: 3PM to 1AM Monday to Thursday and 3PM-11PM Friday
In return you will be joining a business where being ‘customer leading’ and ‘better every day’ and being part of diverse and fun place to work is important to us. We offer a competitive hourly rate and a variety of opportunities for learning and career development.
If you pride yourself on being a reliable employee and are looking for an opportunity to step your career up, then please apply now
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.