- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Merchandising & Category Management
- Business Group:Steel
- Job Reference:EAS/29382
- Closing Date:10 Jan 2023
Fletcher Easysteel is a major merchant of steel products and services throughout New Zealand. Through a nationwide network of sales centres, it supplies a broad range of world-class brands to the construction, engineering, natural resources and manufacturing industries. We are part of Fletcher Building, a diversified global building industry company.
Easysteel New Zealand is looking for an experienced Category Manager with leadership qualities and an enthusiastic personality to lead and direct the operational excellence of the Category activities for Easysteel’s sites. You will pursue cost-benefit gains and manage relationships to enhance customer delivery performance and grow our market position.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, you will work and collaborate closely with a team of 02 category managers, a demand-supply planner, and a logistic coordinator. Everything you do in this role will be underpinned by your solid understanding of supply chain best practices and set category strategy that supports optimum performance throughout our 02 distribution centres and 13 branches. Whilst, also responsible for ensuring compliance and accreditation of our suppliers.
The key functions of this role include but are not limited to:
- Ensure compliance with the SmartSite Protocol and HSE Act and zero exposure to unnecessary risks or costs associated with non-compliance.
- Develop and implement category strategy plans that aim to best support our business environment.
- Identify opportunities/risks, set savings targets, & leverage opportunities.
- Develop and adopt a strategic negotiation approach that provides a position to achieve the best sustainable offer on a mix of price, lead time, quality, and service.
- Establish and pursue supply opportunities and relationships that enhance category performance.
- Ensure purchases are made to suppliers who fully comply with product specifications, industry standards & quality assurance processes
- Monitor supplier performance and report any issues through the appropriate channels
- Assist in the ownership of theory to achieve optimal stock mix within working capital constraints throughout all categories and through the network of branches.
- In collaboration with Branch Managers and Category planners review customer profiles, identify opportunities, agree on product mix, and set inventory replenishment parameters.
- Develop and implement comprehensive QA processes and ensure policies and processes are followed and adhered to.
We are keen to hear from experienced Category Managers, Supply Chain or Procurement specialists preferably from freight forwarding, logistics, or FMCG environment who have:
- 05+ years experience in a relevant field with a solid understanding of supplier negotiations, end-to-end procurement, category management, development, and implementation of planning initiatives to improve DIFOTIS and cost/waste reduction processes.
- Strong relationship-building capabilities and commitment to delivering service excellence to both internal and external customers.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to contribute to the team’s success by contributing innovative insights and ideas, and strategic vision.
- Makes health and safety a clear priority in how people operate every day.
- Good understanding of factors that drive results, i.e., numbers –financial, customer and people – and keeps them front of mind with their team.
In return, we offer excellent benefits including the ability to gain further qualifications, health, and income protection insurance, genuine progression opportunities along with a salary package commensurate with the position.
We’d love to have you join our team – please get in touch if this role sounds like your next opportunity!