- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Brian Perry Civil
- Job Reference:FC/29407
- Closing Date:25 Jun 2023
Brian Perry Civil is in strong growth with complex, challenging foundations projects underway across the Southern Region. Our people are at the heart of our success, and we back them to be their best, expand their experience, and build their careers. We’re proud that their achievements have been recognised with national CCNZ and NAWIC awards last year.
We are part of the Fletcher Building group of companies, delivering a wide range of construction projects across New Zealand and the South Pacific. Our specialties include foundations, ground improvement, civil structures and 3 waters.
Due to a growing forward workload, we are seeking a Superintendent to lead our Wellington based piling team. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced leader with at least 15 years construction experience to work on a range of projects across the greater Wellington and Southern Region.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Manage multiple single rig piling crews across the region or a large multi rig project
- Co-ordinate foundations plant and labour resource across the region
- Marine piling experience is advantageous
- Detailed knowledge of the full suite of foundations and ground improvement methods including bored piling, driven piles, mini piling, CFA, DFA and anchoring
- Manage construction activities to ensure that standards of quality, cost, safety and performance are observed and that deadlines are met
- Participate in the development of short- and long-term construction plans
- Develop and maintain successful relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Monitor the workload and progress of subordinates to ensure most effective use of resources and determine any changes required in numbers to achieve present and future project objectives
- Responsible for the control of project procurement and approval of purchasing
- Relevant Trade or Construction Management Qualifications is advantageous
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in construction
- Demonstrated management and leadership experience, including direct line supervision of large construction work teams
- Commitment to leadership, coaching and mentoring is essential.
- Commitment to our Zero Harm policy
- Extensive knowledge of safety, environmental controls, and site management concepts
- Experience working in a quality assurance environment.
- Ability to schedule and plan work activities
- Demonstrated ability to meet productivity targets
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
Make a difference to our business and advance your career. At Brian Perry Civil you will enjoy the benefits and recognition of working for a well-respected business unit within the Fletcher Building Group. Along with a competitive remuneration package, this opportunity will be an ideal platform for high performers to be ‘seen’ within the group.
If this sounds like the next step for your career, please click ‘Apply Now’.
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.