Mechanical Project Engineer
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Brian Perry Civil
- Job Reference:FCE10048991
- Closing Date:10 Dec 2022
Brian Perry Civil is in a strong growth period with long-term secured projects ready to start.
As part of the Fletcher Building group we deliver a wide range of civil construction projects across New Zealand and the South Pacific, specialising in civil structures, 3 waters, ground improvement, foundations, and piling work.
We offer job security, career development, a comprehensive remuneration package, and a wide variety of work on nationally and locally significant projects. Our people are at the heart of our success and we back them to be their best, expand their experience, and build their careers.
Mechanical Project Engineer
You will provide engineering capability to a team to assist in the achievement of the goals set for the project. This is a permanent full time position. The role will be based at Snells Beach
What we are looking for:
- Tertiary qualification in mechanical engineering or a minimum of 5 years relevant experience in engineering construction.
- A significant part of that experience needs to be on a construction site, responsible for the construction planing and engineering control of project works.
- Excellent communication skills required, as well as detailed construction planning, quality assurance & control and an understanding of temporary & permanent works engineering design so you can assist in the development construction methodologies.
- You will also have site engineers reporting to you, so you'll need to have the ability to mentor and manage site engineers as well.
- Are motivated and able to motivate others to meet project objectives.
- Consistently demonstrate a strong commitment to health and safety in all aspects of their work
What's in for you:
- Competitive Salary & company vehicle
- Great employee discounts from Fletcher brands like Placemakers and Mico
- Access to grants from the Fletcher Employee Education Fund for you and your family
- A great team culture where we enjoy celebrating our successes
- Unrivalled access to training, development, and career progression
- Support to enrol with Industry Training Organisations to gain NZQA Trade Qualifications
- The opportunity to grow and develop in a supportive and award-winning team
- A strong pipeline of long term, interesting, local projects
We like people who show and use initiative, come up with ideas and think outside the box. We have a steady and very large pipeline of work, there is a great team culture and our safety focus for our people is our number 1 priority.
Please submit your CV / Application online and complete our online application form.
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.