- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/29441
- Closing Date:23 Dec 2022
Due to internal promotion we have an exciting opportunity for a Workshop Supervisor to join the Green Team in Auckland. Reporting to the Operations Manager you will be responsible for leading the workshop crew.
Come join the Green Team:
• Competitive Salary + Vehicle
• Career pathway available to Workshop Manager
• Work with an experienced leader who is an expert in the industry
• Career development – opportunities to grow your career at Higgins and the wider Fletcher Building group of businesses
• Ongoing training and development available to you – opportunities for further study/qualifications available
• Access to Fletchers Building Benefits Programme, including:
• A brand-new market-leading parental leave policy to ensure employees are well supported throughout one of life’s most significant events.
• FB employee share scheme, educational and welfare funds
• A significant portfolio of retail benefits across major NZ businesses such as ANZ, Z energy, PlaceMakers, Mico and Samsung.
• Brand new PPE gear (that’s your own personal protective equipment)
This is a partially hands on role so you won’t be completely off the tools. On top of planning, organising and priortising what repair and maintenance tasks need completing, you’ll also be able to diagnose faults, carry out repairs and jump in and help as needed. As a natural leader, you’ll also drive and motivate a high performing and engaged team.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• At least 5 years experience working as a Road Transport Mechanic or Construction Equipment Mechanic
• Flexibility to manage staff that are on call by providing advice and guidance, after hours, as required
• Ideally you will be a senior mechanic that is looking for their next step or an experienced leader that is looking for a new challenge
• Trade certificate desirable but not a deal breaker
• Ideally Full Class 2 – 5 with WTR
• Reliable, honest team player who leads from the front
• Strong focus on health and safety not only for yourself, your colleagues but also the public
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.