Product Specialist - Thermal Insulation
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Comfortech
- Job Reference:CMT/29462
- Closing Date:05 Dec 2022
Comfortech Building Performance Solutions™ is a business that engineers solutions for comfort, climate, and protection. Comfortech™ is the result of two locally owned and operated companies (Tasman Insulation and Forman Building Systems) uniting 170 years of experience, history, and expertise under one roof.
At Comfortech™ we are passionate about providing solutions aimed at improving the overall performance of homes and buildings in New Zealand. Pink®Batts®, one of our product brands is an iconic kiwi brand we have been manufacturing for over 60 years. Comfortech™ also has an extensive range of insulation products for the commercial and industrial sectors, for which you would be responsible.
We come to work every day with a single-minded goal to create the most comfortable living and working spaces for all New Zealanders. We have an environment where everyone can share ideas and have a go and believe that by bringing together our diverse skills, ideas, and experiences, we can create better results than we ever expected. The strategic objective of the Comfortech® business is to gain and hold the majority of market share for the residential, commercial, and industrial insulation markets.
We are in search of a Product Specialist to provide technical support and innovative solutions to our internal and external teams pertaining to Thermal Insulation. Working closely with the specification and sales teams, you will report to the Building Performance & Technical Manager and drive initiatives, revenue, and margin around the allocated products, services, and systems offering in the thermal insulation category.
The core purpose of this role is to;
- Assist with annual product strategy roadmap that includes Channel, Supplier, and Sales initiatives
- Be technically competent in the Thermal Insulation category field/business of the COMFORTECH® products and systems
- Have a good understanding of the NZ Building Code, leading conversations around compliant solutions and providing H1 modelling support to deliver recommended solutions.
- Carry out market research to determine market requirements for existing and future products and services and recommend product enhancements, and updates to identify new business opportunities.
- Conduct product and sales training for the specification, wider sales team, external customers, and key influencers, with the support of the specification and sales teams.
We are looking for someone who will take ownership and become the subject matter expert of the Thermal Insulation category. The role bridges across both residential and commercial sectors, design and H1 modelling (construction), and architectural segment, hence we’re ideally looking for someone with knowledge of or experience in this sector.
If you are someone that strives in a fast-evolving role, but also fully embraces the backing and support of an established, respected and market-leading team and business then we want to hear from you!
This is a great opportunity to join a fast-growing and established market leader, within the Fletcher Building Group. Please visit www.fbcareers.com and apply online today!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.