Maintenance Manager - Monkland Laminex
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Laminex AU
- Job Reference:LAM/29474
- Closing Date:03 Dec 2022
About Laminex Australia
We’ve been a part of the iconic Australian design landscape for over 85 years. Only a few short years after Australian’s fell in love with Vegemite, families were spreading their toast in kitchens and on tables made by us. We’ve come a long way.
Today, you’ll see Laminex on surfaces everywhere you look - be it hospitals, shopping centres, restaurants or your home. We manufacture and procure a broad range of products for commercial and residential use such as laminate, engineered stone and veneers so that all Australians can live in beautiful, practical spaces.
About The Role
Reporting to the Engineering & Maintenance Systems Manager you will be an integral member of the Laminex (Monkland) support team. As the Maintenance Leader, your role is accountable to deliver maximised equipment functional availability in support of the overall equipment effectiveness.
You will be actively involved in developing strategies in support of the Monkland team including Press and Finishing Lines. The person will always be driving continuous improvement through use of project management, problems solving and lean processes. Be a coach, a mentor and help train and manage performance while motivating team members.
It is desirable that you have similar experience in previous mechanical and/or electrical maintenance, wood panel manufacture or wood industry.
We are also after the following skills and experience:
- A trade certificate or degree level education in an engineering discipline is preferred in a mechanical, electrical or maintenance discipline
- Demonstrated experience in engineering, maintenance or project management
- Experience in managing projects and implementing best practice
- Excellent communication and people management skills
- Knowledge of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems. (CMMS)
- Understanding of Predictive and Preventative Maintenance (PM) philosophies.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to take the next step in their career. In return, you will be offered a rewarding salary package and EXCELLENT employment conditions as part of the Fletcher Building Group.
Are you ready to start your next chapter at one of Australia’s Top-10 “Best Places to Work”?
Apply now and then contact Lachlan from Laminex for a confidential discussion on 0456 918 772