2 x Warehouse Operators - Toolara
- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Supply Chain/Procurement
- Business Group:Laminex AU
- Job Reference:LAM/29502
- Closing Date:10 Dec 2022
Our Australian Made Story:
For more than 85 years we have manufactured and procured a broad range of products for commercial and residential use such as laminate, engineered stone and panel products so that all Australians can live in beautiful, practical spaces. Today, you’ll see Laminex on surfaces everywhere you look - be it in hospitals, shopping centres, restaurants, or your home.
About the Role
Our Gympie Warehouse / Distribution centre is one of 6 similar sites around Australia and is an integeral part of our wider national and international supply chain.
Due to recent business growth, we currently have 2 x opportunities available for a experienced and committed Forklift Driver / Store-person to join our Gympie site.
We are looking for a people-focused and safety-minded person who is ready to join a leading business in a pivotal role. You must have a keen attitude and willingness to learn new skills along the way.
Role you’ll play:
Working 7 x 12-hour shifts per fortnight (3 & 4 per week), between Monday-Friday in a full-time position, your primary responsibilities will be loading and unloading of our trucks, general warehouse duties, picking orders and counter balance forklift driving. Shift times are 5.30 – 5.30.
Required Experience or Skills:
- Minimum 6-12 months experience in a similar role
- Current LF Forklift license
- Minimum 6 months of counter balance forklift experience
- Must be computer literate
- Strong customer service skills
- Must be able to work autonomously and under low supervision
- Physically fit and ability to safely perform manual handling / lifting
- Extremely safety conscious and proactive
Life at Laminex
Here are some of the reasons we were named as one of Australia's Top-10 "Best Places to Work":
- We are a market leader that offers flexible working arrangements
- Our ongoing commitment to safety and well-being, including a free membership with our wellbeing partner, Mentemia
- Ongoing training and development - over 600 online learning modules available for you to up-skill at any time
- Laminex Live and Learning Bites podcast – our internal Laminex TV show featuring our employees, after all, you are the Star's!
- Laminex and Tradelink discounts that are so good you will be redesigning your home every chance you get
- A culture that promotes innovation
- Career progression opportunities across the Fletcher Building group
- Access to discounts at Bupa, Specsavers, Hertz, Lenovo and more
Are you ready to start your next chapter at one of Australia’s Top-10 “Best Places to Work”?
Apply now and then contact Lachlan from Laminex for a confidential discussion on 0456 918 772