- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Winstone Aggregates
- Job Reference:WIN/29521
- Closing Date:06 Dec 2022
Our team at our Testing Laboratory based at Belmont Quarry are looking for an extra teammate!
So...have you finished your studies and looking to kick start your career in the civil construction or quarrying industry…
Perhaps you are looking for a change from your current role and start in something fresh in the new year!
We can help…
In this role you will provide quality assurance of quarry aggregates for civil engineering purposes as well as potentially undertaking site investigations and testing for our customers. Lab work in a quarry may not be what you’re imagining. You don’t need a white coat or a science degree, but common sense will take you far in this role.
The product you’re assessing is what goes into construction and infrastructure projects throughout the region. Lab techs have a significant input into the roads you drive on, new buildings, housing developments, and stadiums. You can be a part of it too, in an environment where you really do get to see the results of your work.
About the role:
- Identify and assess the quality of the aggregate we produce by conducting a variety of tests to test strength, size and natural properties
- Opportunity to travel to other quarries and sites to conduct testing
- Good hourly rate
- 40 hours work week between 7.30am – 5pm Monday to Friday with the occasional Saturdays – flexibility on hours will be required
- We will train you up in all types of testing and give you great experience working in our industry
To be successful for this role you will need to have:
- A full New Zealand driver’s licence is preferred (restricted okay)
- Health and safety awareness
- Be physically fit
- Able to lift 25kg
- Right to work in New Zealand
- You’ll need to be a good listener and more than anything, able to follow testing instructions.
If this sounds like a role well suited to you, please apply!
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.