Traffic Management Operative
- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Traffic Management
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/10049575
- Closing Date:10 Dec 2022
The Green Team at our Wellington Branch are growing and are looking for permanent full time Traffic Management Operative (formally Traffic Controller) to join the Traffic Management Crew.
These roles are Night Shift and based from either our Wellington or Kapiti Depots.
• Grow and develop in a supportive team who treat each other like Whānau
• Progress to STMS level – paid by us!
• Competitive hourly rate
• Awesome benefits for you and your family to enjoy
Your role will be to coordinate and control traffic, keep traffic flowing safely by watching, setting up barriers, signs and cone to provide safe workspaces for your colleagues.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• A safety-first attitude – for yourself, your team and the public
• Current TC Qualification (Level 1 minimum)
• Full New Zealand Driver’s Licence Class 1
• Reliable, punctual, and motivated
• A good communicator
• High level of physical fitness
• A team player
• Problem solving ability
We don't just offer a job but a great Career Pathway through Traffic Management, so if you are keen to grow and develop yourself then APPLY ONLINE TODAY!
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.