- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/29621
- Closing Date:13 Dec 2022
The Higgins Construction division in Auckland are currently looking for experienced Forepersons’ to join the team. You will be working on projects ranging from $25 million to $100 million, there is a strong pipeline of work to be involved in and excellent opportunities to continue to grow your career with Higgins.
Come join the Green Team:
• Competitive hourly rate + Vehicle
• Guaranteed 40 hours per week
• Ongoing training and development to develop your career
• Career development – opportunities to grow your career at Higgins and the wider Fletcher Building group of businesses
• Access to Fletchers Building Benefits Programme, including:
• A brand-new market-leading parental leave policy to ensure employees are well supported throughout one of life’s most significant events.
• FB employee share scheme, educational and welfare funds
• A significant portfolio of retail benefits across major NZ businesses such as ANZ, Z energy, PlaceMakers, Mico and Samsung.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Prior experience working on civil/roading constrution projects
• Experience operating heavy machinary is advantageous e.g. Diggers, Rollers, Watercart
• Class 2 Drivers Licence with WTR endorsements
• Ability to work with crews and foster a winning culture
• Passionate about leading and motivating your team
• Basic computer literacy
• Strong focus on health and safety not only for yourself, your colleagues but also the public
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.