Procurement & Risk Controller
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:FCC Infrastructure
- Job Reference:
- Closing Date:14 Dec 2022
Kāinga Ora have plans to build over 1000 new warm, dry, healthy homes in eastern Porirua. To support them in the delivery of essential infrastructure and land development works, construction and infrastructure experts Higgins, Brian Perry Civil, Fletcher Infrastructure, Goodmans, Beca, Harrison Grierson and Orogen have partnered alongside Kāinga Ora, Porirua City Council and Ngāti Toa Rangatira to create the Te Aranga Alliance - a unique way of delivering complex and multidisciplinary programmes of work.
Te Aranga Alliance is a rolling programme of infrastructure improvement and land development works programmed over the next 7+ years. Land development throughout eastern Porirua is underway to accommodate Kāinga Ora’s new housing developments.
Our current forward programme includes a major new sewer replacement through Bothamley Park that will prevent more than 40,000m3 of raw sewage discharging into the Kenepuru Stream and Porirua Harbour each year, a new reservoir that will significantly improve the capacity and resilience of water supply to the area, and a new wetland that will help manage stormwater runoff. Many kilometers of old wastewater and water mains are also to be renewed.
We are looking for people who want to be a part of this amazing initiative and join our great team, to not only design and build some awesome new infrastructure, but to achieve outstanding outcomes for the community of Porirua.
Reporting to the Alliance Commercial Manager, you will be leading the establishment and operation of procurement and risk management procedures. The role will oversee the development of subcontract documentation, tender documents, and tender evaluations. It will also oversee the quantification of risk and opportunity, both during pricing and during project delivery.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing procurement within the Alliance, including ensuring the Procurement Plan is up to date and procurement is being completed in accordance with the Plan
- Managing and updating our risk profiles for all Te Aranga projects using our risk management software, ARM (Active Risk Manager)
- Holding risk reviews and providing guidance to the teams on risk and its management
- Managing lessons learned processes on procurement and risk
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Extensive proven experience in a similar type role
- Understanding of best practice procurement and risk management processes
- Tertiary qualification in Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management desirable
- Knowledge of Active Risk Manager (ARM) desirable
- High level communication and relationship management skills
Why Join Us?
You’ll receive a competitive remuneration package working in a supportive working environment that is focussed on our people and the community in which we work. We encourage and help everyone to develop their skills and experience to reach their full potential.
Please click on the Apply Now Button to submit your CV and complete the online application form.
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.