Commercial Manager - Te Aranga Alliance
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:FCC Infrastructure
- Job Reference:
- Closing Date:09 Dec 2022
Kāinga Ora have plans to build over 1000 new warm, dry, healthy homes in eastern Porirua. To support them in the delivery of essential infrastructure and land development works, construction and infrastructure experts Higgins, Brian Perry Civil, Fletcher Infrastructure, Goodmans, Beca, Harrison Grierson and Orogen have partnered alongside Kāinga Ora, Porirua City Council and Ngāti Toa Rangatira to create the Te Aranga Alliance – a unique way of delivering complex and multidisciplinary programmes of work.
Te Aranga Alliance is a rolling programme of infrastructure improvement and land development works programmed over the next 7+ years. Land development throughout eastern Porirua is underway to accommodate Kāinga Ora’s new housing developments.
Our current forward programme includes a major new sewer replacement through Bothamley Park that will prevent more than 40,000m3 of raw sewage discharging into the Kenepuru Stream and Porirua Harbour each year, a new reservoir that will significantly improve the capacity and resilience of water supply to the area, and a new wetland that will help manage stormwater runoff. Many kilometers of old wastewater and water mains are also to be renewed.
We are looking for people who want to be a part of this amazing initiative and join our great team, to not only design and build some awesome new infrastructure, but to achieve outstanding outcomes for the community of Porirua.
The Commercial Manager is a member of the Alliance Management Team and leads the commercial finance and business partnering team. The position is responsible for the management of finance, procurement and risk activities across the Alliance’s programme of work. The position supports strategic and operational development planning and decision making through the provision of effective commercial advice and analysis. The Commercial Manager takes responsibility for tendering and contract reviews, analysis and negotiation to ensure all procurement and related commercial transactions comply with Alliance policy.
- Bachelor Business/Commerce in Accounting. Accounting qualification (CA or CPA preferred); or a tertiary qualification in commerce, finance, accounting and/or quantity surveying.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience within a financial management/analysis position.
- Strong commercial understanding and capability in a civil infrastructure programme context with experience developing and procuring contracts and commercial agreements.
- Ability to understand commercially, technically, and financially complicated issues and express them in straightforward terms that can be captured in contractual documents.
- Significant business partnering experience with demonstrated track record of being able to add value through finance lenses.
- Alliance contract experience will be an advantage but not essential.
- A sound knowledge of Excel, Power BI and an understanding of JDE will be an advantage.
- People leadership experience with excellent communication skills and strong continuous improvement ethic.
Why Join Us?
You’ll receive a competitive remuneration package working in a supportive working environment that is focussed on our people and the community in which we work. We encourage and help everyone to develop their skills and experience to reach their full potential.
Please click on the Apply Now Button to submit your CV and complete the online application form.
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.