Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:
- Closing Date:14 Dec 2022
We are currently looking for Senior Quantity Surveyor to join the Green Team in Auckland. You will be based at our East Tamaki Branch providing QS expertise to a variety of projects valued up to $100 Million. You will be working alongside experiences colleagues in the wider commercial team and supporting junior-intermediate Quantity Surveyors within the branch.
• Competitive salary
• Career development – opportunities to grow your career at Higgins and the wider Fletcher Building group of businesses
• Access to Fletchers Building Benefits Programme, including:
• A brand-new market-leading parental leave policy to ensure employees are well supported throughout one of life’s most significant events.
• FB employee share scheme, educational and welfare funds
• A significant portfolio of retail benefits across major NZ businesses such as ANZ, Z energy, PlaceMakers, Mico and Samsung.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Proven commercial experience within roading / civil infrastructure construction
• A result focused, commercially astute outlook and a practical approach to problem solving
• Ability to handle a diverse workload, whilst finding creative and forward-thinking solutions
• Estimating and / or Quantity Surveying experience - technical qualifications preferred
• Proficient with CCS Candy or Benchmark, Microsoft Projects
• Sound Contractual Knowledge especially NZS 3910:2013
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.