Day Shift Supervisor
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Stramit
- Job Reference:SBP/29696
- Closing Date:16 Apr 2023
We know that great people get things done. Our values guide our decision making, and we know we are all better together. We believe all injuries are preventable and we never walk past – we speak up and take action. Our people share ideas and are encouraged to have a go. We anticipate and create solutions for our customers and we’re very proud to be Australian Made.
We’re currently on the lookout for a Day Shift Production Supervisor.
Key focus & responsibilities
In this pivotal role, you will provide leadership and oversee day shift operations for the Erskine Park site. This role will provide behavioral safety leadership through active participation with the team to achieve and sustain Zero Harm and to ensure customer orders are manufactured in full and on time.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Driving business safety improvement through leadership and achievement of safety lead and lag goals.
- Provide input and identify solutions to maintenance issues at site – assist in implementation of planned maintenance programs
- Reach operational effectiveness targets for day shift
- Living our values every day
- Work collaboratively with internal cross functional teams to provide outstanding customer solutions
- Develop and maintain a culture of continuous improvement, success and innovation
- Ensure weekly/monthly toolbox meetings occur to deliver clear and precise communication within the operations team aligned to the achievement of site plans
What is in it for you?
You will be joining an iconic Australian brand that is constantly evolving. With our grit, determination and relentless pursuit for excellence, we are constantly on the lookout for design and innovation enhancements to improve built landscapes. With a team that blends years of experience with youthful curiosity, we are searching for a team player to build our future together.
We commit to:
- Empowering you to shape the transformation of our business;
- Working with you to chase your career aspirations
- Ongoing education and cross functional collaboration;
- FLEXit – our flexible work program that enables you to balance your own work/life priorities
- Diversity & Inclusivity – embracing everyone, we all have our own story to tell
- Offering market leading benefits including 24 weeks parental leave with full pay or 52 weeks at half, Great corporate partner discounts, Learning academy Development and So much More!
What does success at Stramit look like?
You are a change champion, you challenge the status quo and you inspire others. You are a problem solver, ready to rollup your sleeves and you think big. You shape the future, rather than stand on the sidelines. You are hardwired for connection, curiosity, and engagement. You crave purpose and have a deep desire to create and contribute. You shine when empowered, being held to account to deliver and exceed. You take calculated risks, embrace vulnerabilities and are unique. You are seeking a challenge, an opportunity to make an indelible mark and a once in a lifetime career path.
Let’s grow and build something that matters for future generations – together!
We are on the lookout for;
- Safety First Mindset
- Excellent communication skills
- Can do, continuous improvement problem solver
- 3-5 years experience within a supervisory role
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing & Best Practice processes
So, if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit to grow an exciting career with Stramit!