Estimator - Waikato/BOP
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/29756
- Closing Date:08 Dec 2022
Based in either the Mighty Waikato or the Sunny Bay of Plenty, we are looking for an experienced Estimator to join the team. Bring your expertise and hit the ground running. Make a significant contribution to our future success. Be a key part of the bidding and tender preparation processes for the Waikato & Bay of Plenty Regions – projects ranging in value up to $30 million.
Our regions have a big pipeline of future work and Higgins are actively working to secure its share – it’s a great time to be joining the team!
What we can offer:
- Competitive salary + vehicle
- Ongoing training and development to help you reach your career goals
- Opportunity for continued career progression as the branch grows
- Access to Fletchers Benefits Programme, including discounted health insurance, family scholarship & share scheme along with multi-business discounts for you and your family to enjoy
What you’ll get involved in:
- Manage the full tender process including preparation, review and delivery of tenders and quotes
- Pricing of variations
- Attribute writing and detailed bid submission
- Measurements, take-offs and estimates for a range of civil construction projects
- Risk prediction, assessment, and valuation
- Work with clients/customers to ensure they understand our Bids and resolve concerns or issues
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Proven tendering experience, preferably within roading / civil infrastructure construction
- A result focused, commercially astute outlook and a practical approach to problem solving
- Ability to handle a diverse workload along, whilst finding creative and forward-thinking solutions
- Estimating and / or Quantity Surveying experience - technical qualifications preferred
- Proficient with CCS Candy or Benchmark, Microsoft Projects
- Sound Contractual Knowledge especially NZS 3910:2013
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.