Production Operator - Hunua
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Firth Industries
- Job Reference:
- Closing Date:06 Apr 2023
2023 is here and we have a number of roles at our Hunua Masonry Plant that we are looking to fill. If you don't mind the travel, familiar with concrete industry or just looking for a career path change in jobs.
This may be something for you......
Nōu te rourou - What's in it for you?
- Firstly, steady and secure work and also employee benefits that include but aren’t limited to:
- A great team culture where we enjoy celebrating our successes and supporting each other
- Access to training, development, and career progression
- Employee Education Fund – Staff & Dependants
- Access to Fletcher Building Benefits programme including, parental leave, share scheme, staff discounts.
Ko tā mātou mahi - Our Role
Masonry is a special trade that has been around for thousands of years.The common materials of masonry are bricks, building stone such as marble, granite, and limestone, cast stone, concrete blocks, glass blocks, and adobe. Masonry is generally a highly durable form of concrete.
Our Masonry team keeps the production flowing by checking and monitoring product quality. You’ll perform various tasks, including maintaining, operating and identifying any potential malfunctions and risk.
- Starting rate $23.00 - $28.00 (dependent on experience) + allowances as applicable
- Further Training and Career Development Opportunities
- Papakura Location
- Ability to rotate between days and nights
No experience? but can-do attitude!! Sweet-as! This is a great opportunity to get in and learn about our products, and potentially grow your career in production and operations. We will give you the resources to help towards your career development and personal growth and it's up to you to take it to the next step forward.
Ngā Pūmanawatanga Ōu - What You Will Bring
- Physically fit
- Excellent communications skills
- Health and safety focused
- Team Player
Firth has been supplying concrete and masonry products to the construction industry for over 90 years. Our strong customer relationships and passion for innovation make Firth New Zealand’s leading concrete supplier. Comprising of three businesses, Certified Concrete, Masonry and Dricon, our products are sold either directly or via our channel partners who operate in the infrastructural, commercial and residential construction markets. Firth operates in every region across New Zealand and employs over 750 team members, across 80 sites.
Click on APPLY and get ready for the next challenge!
Research shows that females and minority groups don’t apply for roles unless they match 100% the job description.
We are proud of your diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger. We welcome your individuality and encourage you to bring your true self to work, so if this role is of interest but you feel you don’t fit it, we would still love you to apply.