Quality & Compliance Lead (Christchurch)
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Humes Pipeline Systems
- Job Reference:HPS/29858
- Closing Date:16 Feb 2023
Humes Pipeline Systems (Humes) is a standalone business unit within the Building Products division of Fletcher Building, with its focus predominantly in the management of water and other utilities. Humes have approximately 250+ people, working across 16+ sales branch sites and 4 manufacturing sites around New Zealand. Humes manufactures a range of concrete pipe and concrete precast products, along with sourcing (from external supply partners) and distributing a wide range of drainage and watermain products (plastic pipe/fittings, ductile iron valves/fittings, streetware), servicing its core horizontal civil construction markets of land development and infrastructure. There are multiple competing manufacturers and distributers in these markets which means that great customer service, product quality, performance, costs and availability are critical to success.
We have an exciting opportunity for a, Quality & Compliance Lead. Based in Christchurch Manufacturing team in Hornby. You will work closely with the Production Manager and production teams across our pipe spinning facility and our precast and fabrication team to maintain and improve our customers expectation, and our compliance and standard our products are manufactured to. Experiences in either manufacturing or concrete technology would be advantage but looking for someone who has practical experience applying quality processes within complex sites. Training will be given to the right person.
The role details
- Maintain product quality, by ensuring quality assurance policies and procedures
- Develop, implement, maintain, and communicate quality strategies and programs throughout the plant
- Strategically plan, review, and execute activities associated with continued compliance to the management systems: ISO 9001 Quality Management System (QMS) Standards NZS 4058, 3109, 3114
- Ensure manufacturing team is operating to meet QA requirements and provide QC training for operators.
- Oversee the management of site based internal and external audits.
- Work towards improving quality, by identifying and removing the causes of defects and minimizing variability
- Agree on corrective actions
- Direct rework standards, by devising testing methods and procedures
- Prepare product and process quality reports
- Prepare and conduct quality review meetings with the management and teams
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand, and able to pass a pre-employment alcohol/drug and criminal check.