Maintenance Fitter - Toolara
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Laminex AU
- Job Reference:LAM/29861
- Closing Date:24 Dec 2022
Our Australian made story:
Today, you’ll see Laminex on surfaces everywhere you look - be it hospitals, shopping centres, restaurants, or your home. We manufacture and procure a broad range of products for commercial and residential use such as laminate, engineered stone and veneers so that all Australians can live in beautiful, practical spaces.
Where your story begins:
We are seeking an experienced and safety orientated Maintenance Fitter at our Toolara site near Gympie in QLD.
The Maintenance Fitter will ensure the plant and machinery in designated areas is properly maintained and operating efficiently, whilst considering costs and the production schedule. The position requires an understanding of preventative and predictive maintenance.
Uniforms are provided on this site and are long sleeve, long pants.This will be a standard day shift role to begin with, however the successful candidate must be flexible to do shift work as it is often required. This will be paid at applicable shift rates.
Key focuses & responsibilities will include:
• Inspecting, testing and maintaining machinery, equipment in process and packaging areas
• Condition monitoring to prevent breakdowns
• Milling and machining
• Able to fault find and repair pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical machinery + pumps and conveyors
• Performing general plant and building maintenance work
• Pro-actively demonstrate a personal commitment to Safety and our PROTECT safety culture
• Develop and maintain positive work relationships within the team
The role you’ll play:
To be successful in the role you will ideally need to possess:
• Trade Certificate - Maintenance Fitter
• Previous experience in installation, operation, service, fault finding, repair and maintenance of plant equipment such as presses, saws, compressors, vacuum and dosing pumps, screens and conveyor systems, heat exchangers, gearboxes, thermal oil equipment and other systems pertaining to fibre milling, and their respective utilities.
• Confined space entry, EWP, Working at Heights and Rigging ticket
• Strong milling and machining experience
• Able to work both supervised and unsupervised
• Condition monitoring experience would be advantageous -
Life at Laminex:
2021 and 2022 “Top-10 Australian Employer” plus a bunch of cooperate discounts, need we say more?
How to apply:
Apply now or simply call or text your full name and this job title to Lachlan from Laminex on 0456 918 772