Asphalt Manufacturing Manager
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:
- Closing Date:23 Dec 2022
The Higgins Team in Auckland are currently looking for an Asphalt Manufacturing Manager to lead our East Tamaki and Silverdale Asphalt Plants. This is a leadership role where you will be overseeing a team of 15. You will be a passionate people leader and with strong manufacturing experience.
We can manufacture 600 to 1,250 tonnes of Asphalt per day and we utilise the latest technology to blend and mix aggregate, bitumen, modifiers, polymers, fillers, and pelletised fibre.
Come join the Green Team:
• Competitive Salary + Vehicle
• Join a supportive team that treat each other like Whānau
• Ongoing training and development to help you reach your career goals
• Career development – opportunities to grow your career at Higgins and the wider Fletcher Building group of businesses
• Access to Fletchers Building Benefits Programme, including:
• A brand-new market-leading parental leave policy to ensure employees are well supported throughout one of life’s most significant events.
• FB employee share scheme, educational and welfare funds
• A significant portfolio of retail benefits across major NZ businesses such as ANZ, Z energy, PlaceMakers, Mico and Samsung.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Experience running plant in the civil engineering or associated industries is highly sought after
• Ideally you will have extensive knowledge of the principles and practices of asphalt mixture technology as applied to the design, construction, maintenance, and rehabilitation of asphalt pavements.
• Strong background in manufacturing including quality control and LEAN practices
• Experience managing a team or ready to take this next step in your career
• Relevant industry qualifications desirable
• Strong track record of commitment to health and safety
• Flexibility to work between both East Tamaki and Silverdale Plants
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.